Monday, December 15, 2008

I've Been Tagged


Well I've been tagged by my wonderful sister-in-law, Cindy Kirkpatrick, so I have to answer all these questions. I would tag someone else, but none of my friends have started blogging yet. So here goes....

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. I do not like Egg Nog. I have the taste buds of an 8 year old.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa sits them under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white on the tree/nothing on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day or the weekend after Thanksgiving. Richard and the kids usually do most of it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? dressing.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up at my Grandma and Grandpa Madden's house.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, usually.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? The kids have decorated it with most of their art work. Blake is the worst this year. He colors a picture, cuts it out and then comes and asks me for string so he can hang it on the tree.
11. Snow, Love it or dread it? Love Snow.
12. Can you ice skate? I can put those painful skates on and barely make my way around the rink. The kids are obviously WAY better than me.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My pink panther banana seat bicycle. It was Awesome!!!! I learned to ride it Christmas morning at my Grandma and Grandpa Madden's farm on the gravel road. My Grandpa helped me... it was GREAT.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family and remembering what Christmas is all about.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Anything Chocolate and anything that I can put lots of cool whip on.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don't think we really have any traditions.
17. What tops your tree? An Angel.
18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Definitely giving!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? YUCK!
21. What do you want for Christmas? Low stress, family time.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Usually just the traditional work parties and the sunday school Christmas party (although we missed it this year).
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Dress in church clothes for Christmas Eve service, then I have to put on the flannel pants! They're Richard's favorite!
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yep, I was lucky enough to get one at last year's Kirkpatrick Dirty Santa.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? We normally spend Christmas morning with just our family (immediate) and then go to my parents and then Richard's parents. It just depends on how the schedule works that particular year.

No comments: